I lecture regularly on various topics in Jewish history and religion at my synagogue in Silver Spring, Maryland. In 2016, I was a Scholar-in-Residence for a weekend at the Hillel at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
Selected Topics and source sheets:
- The Study of History in Jewish Tradition
- Choosing Your Chumash: A Comparison of the Hirsch, Hertz, and Artscroll Editions
- Origins of the Oral Law
- Codification Controversies
- The Book of Esther: Is it Religious?
- Anatomy of a Miracle: An Academic Approach to the Sugya of “Mai Chanukah”
- All Night in Salonika, 1533: the First Tikkun Leil Shavuot
- Who Wrote the Zohar? Some Critical Scholarship is Older and Frummer than You Might Have Thought
- A Pragmatic Redemption: Rabbi Yitzchak Yaakov Reines and the Controversy over the Early Zionist Movement
- When Courts Get Involved: Mechitzot, Melicha, the Mashiach, and More